Friday, September 08, 2006

Texas A&M vs. ULaLa

First off, my apologies for the lack of content this week. I've come down with the most random cold of my life, leading me to spend all my free time sleeping in preparation for Saturday. Right now I'm watching Pittsburgh shatter my plans of squeezing a third Big East team into next week's top 25. Last night Boise State certainly made a strong case for inclusion though, so I'm not too upset.

A&M's game against the Citadel wasn't televised, so I've been unable to get my hands on a copy of the game tape. This prevents any truly insightful comment so instead I've opted to discuss a little bit of what I'll be hoping to see this week against the University of Louisiana-Lafayette.

-The Aggies need to turn the ball over, at most, one time. Last week was ridiculous. Two to three turnovers this time out will make me very nervous for the season to come and four or more will put me in full-on panic mode.

-On the flip side, the defense needs to do better forcing turnovers. One turnover forced isn't going to be good enough as this isn't the kind of defense that can be expected to stop opposing offenses cold. 2-3 turnovers a game will go a long way towards covering up the talent deficiency.

-I thought the passing game was fine last week, but I expected the running game to be sharper against a poor opponent like the Citadel. The offensive line has both the talent and the experience to be better. I'll be looking for growth this week.

-Finally, the Aggies played a ton of different guys on defense in the opener. The stat line that jumped out to me was Chris Harrington with 8 tackles and 2 sacks. Who will join him in the rotation this week? When ULaLa has the ball I'll definitely be keeping an eye on which A&M defenders are on the field.

Prediction?
Make it Texas A&M 38 ULaLa 10.



PS
All of a sudden the Pitt Panthers aren't looking so bad, perhaps not all is lost. Now if they could just a)catch a punt and b)execute a legal TD catch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home