Sunday, October 09, 2005

NHL Update

Tonight I watched most of the Bruins-Penguins game and was not disappointed. In my last NHL post, I described Sidney Crosby as a solid player and a deft passer. I was wrong, just flat out wrong. He's not just a deft passer, he is the next Adam Oates, RIGHT NOW. The upside on Crosby is incredible. I don't know if he will be the next Gretzky, but if you were to throw all the players in the NHL into a hat, I bet that he would be a top-10 pick. Just sick tonight with his first goal and two more assists.

Really, without putting too much thought into it, I kind of expected this game to be a clunker, but I was pleasantly surprised with a 7-6 Bruins win in OT. Brian Leetch and Mario Lemeiux are both locks for the HOF and Joe Thornton, John LeClair, Patrice Bergeron and yes, Sidney Crosby all stand a pretty good chance to get there someday. Throw in a great game all around from Brooks Orpik and some emerging stars like Ryan Malone and some old standbys like Sergei Gonchar and Glen Murray and you've got yourself a heckuva game. Most definitely a pleasant diversion for my football fried mind.

On another note, Michigan beat Quinnipiac tonight to move to 2-0. Apparently Matt Hunwick logged a hat trick and Jack Johnson had his first career goal. Next weekend Boston College comes to town and that should be a pretty good litmus test for where this team is.

1 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site.

ice hockey 1997 finland
http://www.hockey-nhl-game.com/

Regards,
Gerald E.
http://www.hockey-nhl-game.com/
ice hockey 1997 finland

 

Post a Comment

<< Home